Skip to main content

Home Phone Number

My home phone number for the past 25 years has been the same. It was associated with the telephone which was plugged into the wall, known as my land line; not to be confused with the phone I use on my friends boat which was not a land line, it was a house boat.

Maxwell Smart from the 1960 television series used to have a shoe phone, literally, a phone in his shoe, and even when I started in business I had a car phone bolted onto the dash of my car.

Yesterday I received a call on my iphone and my computer and my iwatch both started to buzz! I didn’t know what to answer - my camera, my computer, or my watch. Regardless I missed the call, no wonder I get confused sometimes. It’s also hard to find a payphone, who has a quarter to use one even if you found one?


So when I cancelled my house phone, I transferred the old number to my office account. I didn’t call the phone company to do this, I talked to the lady who hosts my internet. So my old house phone is no longer a phone, it is just a number otherwise known as a phantom line, it resides in the clouds and is now known as line two. You can still reach me at the old house phone, but don’t call me at night because I won’t hear it ring at the office. Instead, your voice message will be converted to a wave file, and I will receive an email at home, telling me you are calling my office. If you want me at home, send me a text, and I will call you. 


If you are in Nova Scotia and would like some insurance advice, please contact Corry Collins:
902-444-7000

Please like, share and comment on my newest post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attend MDRT as an Aspirant or Manager

The Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) holds its annual meeting this June in Orlando. Members from around the world will be in attendance. The annual meeting is the flagship event for the MDRT. Top advisors from over 70 countries meet and share world class ideas on how to grow your business and how to develop a thriving practice. The main platform is always full of motivation, business ideas and stories that may change your life. Ten thousand people are expected this year. The focus sessions are detailed sessions drilling down on the specifics of specialized subjects. Members and non-members are invited to speak on their area of speciality. Networking with leading industry people (who become friends) is one of the highlights. The mentoring program at MDRT provides a chance for non-members to attend as a guest.  The rules can be found at https://www.mdrt.org/membership/mentoring/ , but here are some of the particulars: The MDRT Annual Meeting scheduled for June 4-7, 20...

Created by: Corry Collins - Top 10 Fall Financial Checklist - Save Time, Money and Tax.

Summer is not officially over until September 21 st . However, “back to school” week is a sure sign of the fall! The fall is a busy time in our financial planning office, as people seem to use this time of year to tidy up many small items concerning everything financial. It might also be a good time of year for you to do the same, especially if you aren’t in this “fall time” habit. Many people have a list of items to refer to when it comes time for financial clean up. Here is a typical list:       Update beneficiaries on your insurance policies’ if required.       Increase your disability coverage if your income has increased.       Review your RRSP investments against your current Risk Tolerance questionnaire.       Top up your Tax Free Savings Account       Increase your RRSP deposits by 10%       Question your bank to see if you can save money by renewing your mortgage ea...

How to Choose a Keynote Speaker:

Have you ever gone to a presentation and as you watched and listened; you found yourself completely immersed in the conversation from the podium? Soon after you hear the words, “Thank you, you have been a great audience”, people applaud and it’s over. Upon reflection, you find that the time just whipped by.  Then, you find yourself talking about the presentation to your friends and colleagues. In contrast, have you ever gone to a presentation and as the presenter is talking, you are looking at your watch, wondering if you should read your emails, or think about getting up and going for a coffee? Imagine if you were the person who was responsible for choosing one of the two speakers above. Which one would you be proud of? I have been to hundreds of presentations in my 30 years as a financial planner, and I too have spoken in 10 countries around the globe. In fact I have spoken to audiences in English, and through translators. Today’s comments however have been learn...